The Undivided Nations

[PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Go down

[PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Lord Adorable on Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Upon reflection of the last term in which elected government officials were in office, there have been notable cases of many members of the Empire being inactive. While general inactivity from a regular private citizen is acceptable, inactivity from an official in a high government status such as a member of Cabinet or the Senate often leads to regional stagnation and gradual decline of regional quality. The nature of the Government Official Review Act is to ensure the government of The Undivided Nations remains active on the judgement of the Emperor or his regent to avoid regional crisis from stagnation and inactivity.


To protect the Empire of the Undivided Nations from the dangers of inactivity and to ensure continuous progress made by the administration, the Government Official Review Act allows the government to stay moving and unaffected by activity. The GOR Act mandates that every 1 month the Emperor (or his/her regent if they are unable to perform their duties) is to make a compulsory review of all government offices and officials. The Emperor must make the simple decision if the entity or subject they are reviewing has made adequate effort in the government. Examples of not doing adequate work include:

  • Inactivity (without giving a forewarning of soon to come inactivity and a proper reason)
  • Blatantly ignoring their job as a Government Official


If the Emperor deems the office or official as not making adequate work they can deal out the following actions:

  • Temporarily suspend the official from office for up to 2 weeks

    • The Emperor must appoint a replacement official if he/she suspends an official


  • Dismiss the official from office

    • If the Emperor dismisses an official from office they must hold special elections to elect a replacement for the official. The elected replacement will serve out the rest of the dismissed officials term.


  • Give the official or office a warning to increase activity


To prevent the emperor from abusing their power to remove political rivals or opponents from office or suspend their ability to perform their duties, the Senate can call for a vote to suspend the Emperor’s ability to give out punishments during a review. The vote can only pass with a five-sevenths vote and after the passing, the panel of regional judges will review the case. If the judges decide that the Emperor was abusing power, the judges can reinstate the official back into office. If they deem that the Emperor used his/her power accordingly, the punishment on the official remains. This ruling made by the judges can be overturned by a sixth-sevenths vote from the senate.


Last edited by Lord Adorable on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Lord Adorable

Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-01-10
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Aav VerinHall on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:25 pm

Interesting idea. I especially like how you say "Shall give a warning to increase inactivity." Razz

_________________
Note: All my posts are to be taken as any other user **UNLESS** I post as Administrator or The Crown Prince

Before I was a royal:



Spoiler:


Ninja Admin of the forums
avatar
Aav VerinHall
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Posts : 169
Join date : 2017-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Lord Adorable on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:08 am

Aav VerinHall wrote:Interesting idea. I especially like how you say "Shall give a warning to increase inactivity." Razz
Well it’s always a good idea to scare em ain’t it? Lol
avatar
Lord Adorable

Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-01-10
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Aav VerinHall on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:48 am

Mhm.

_________________
Note: All my posts are to be taken as any other user **UNLESS** I post as Administrator or The Crown Prince

Before I was a royal:



Spoiler:


Ninja Admin of the forums
avatar
Aav VerinHall
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Posts : 169
Join date : 2017-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Samsonyte on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:23 pm

I think this is a great idea. Inactivity was definitely a big problem last term.

_________________
Signed,

Prince Samsonyte Mataki
Secretary of State of The Undivided Nations
Citizen of The Ragerian Imperium
Former Secretary of War of The Undivided Nations
Former Besieger of The Dark Vanquishers
If life doesn't give you lemons, can you still make lemonade?

Samsonyte
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Xernos on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Well, I find it nice to have although it could use some editing. It's too simplistic we need to add on make it as useful as possible, for example we could add other senators can vote to dismiss a senator for inactivity but needs a super majority and approval from the emperor.

Otherwise, I senator Xernos motion this bill

Xernos

Posts : 42
Join date : 2017-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Samsonyte on Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:32 pm

Don't motion it until your edits are implemented. Rolling Eyes

_________________
Signed,

Prince Samsonyte Mataki
Secretary of State of The Undivided Nations
Citizen of The Ragerian Imperium
Former Secretary of War of The Undivided Nations
Former Besieger of The Dark Vanquishers
If life doesn't give you lemons, can you still make lemonade?

Samsonyte
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Lord Adorable on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:46 am

Xernos wrote:Well, I find it nice to have although it could use some editing. It's too simplistic we need to add on make it as useful as possible, for example we could add other senators can vote to dismiss a senator for inactivity but needs a super majority and approval from the emperor.

Otherwise, I senator Xernos motion this bill
I believe that implementing more power into the Emperor and regional founder will be better then giving the process more elongated and bureaucratic. The leader and founder of the region tend to be the most active and thus, they should have the power to judge if someone is active or not
avatar
Lord Adorable

Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-01-10
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Osterriech on Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Lord Adorable wrote:
Xernos wrote:Well, I find it nice to have although it could use some editing. It's too simplistic we need to add on make it as useful as possible, for example we could add other senators can vote to dismiss a senator for inactivity but needs a super majority and approval from the emperor.

Otherwise, I senator Xernos motion this bill
I believe that implementing more power into the Emperor and regional founder will be better then giving the process more elongated and bureaucratic. The leader and founder of the region tend to be the most active and thus, they should have the power to judge if someone is active or not

EXACTLY what I've been saying all along, the only reason that I had a decrease in activity is because I had no role in government anymore after I was removed from office, and I think that this concept applies to all other offices as well. because of that, I think that the higher offices should be given more power so that they aren't allowed to just sit around, because they'll have responsibilities.

Osterriech

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-11-23
Location : Cancertown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Lord Adorable on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Osterriech wrote:
Lord Adorable wrote:
Xernos wrote:Well, I find it nice to have although it could use some editing. It's too simplistic we need to add on make it as useful as possible, for example we could add other senators can vote to dismiss a senator for inactivity but needs a super majority and approval from the emperor.

Otherwise, I senator Xernos motion this bill
I believe that implementing more power into the Emperor and regional founder will be better then giving the process more elongated and bureaucratic. The leader and founder of the region tend to be the most active and thus, they should have the power to judge if someone is active or not

EXACTLY what I've been saying all along, the only reason that I had a decrease in activity is because I had no role in government anymore after I was removed from office, and I think that this concept applies to all other offices as well. because of that, I think that the higher offices should be given more power so that they aren't allowed to just sit around, because they'll have responsibilities.
Agreed. Now shall we motion to move this to voting?
avatar
Lord Adorable

Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-01-10
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by crodnu on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:53 am

I motion
avatar
crodnu

Posts : 10
Join date : 2017-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Vulturret on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:10 pm

I'm in support, I think this is a great idea!
avatar
Vulturret

Posts : 236
Join date : 2017-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PROPOSAL] Government Official Review Act

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum