The Undivided Nations

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Undivided Nations
The Undivided Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CONFIRMED]Confirmation of Secretary-General Aav Whitehall to the position of Border Control Regional Officer.

3 posters

Go down

[CONFIRMED]Confirmation of Secretary-General Aav Whitehall to the position of Border Control Regional Officer. Empty [CONFIRMED]Confirmation of Secretary-General Aav Whitehall to the position of Border Control Regional Officer.

Post by Vulturret Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Per precedent established in the Regional Officers Act, the Senate is required to hold a vote for the confirmation of Secretary-General Aav Whitehall to the position of Border Control Regional Officer. As mandated by the act, the Secretary of Defense faces a simple majority to be confirmed by the Senate. Following that, the Founder will appoint General Aav as a regional officer. As mentioned, we are trying a new voting system. Instead of a poll, you will post "Aye," "Nay," or "Abstain." Below is the testimony on the use of power:
[quote="Senate Hearing"]General Vulturret - Today at 10:34 AM
@Citizen We now call to order the Senate hearing for the confirmation of Defense Secretary Aav Whitehall for the position of border control regional officer. Secretary, introduce yourself and describe your history, please.
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:34 AM
Hello
I am Secretary of Defense Aav Whitehall
I am a general in TUN's armed forces, and along with Secretary Samsonyte, lead the armed forces of this region.
I am also the deputy director of HYDRA
I have been playing this game for just about 2 years now
My first region was one I founded, and never got off of the ground
So I joined a raider region known as Firehelm
Firehelm later collapsed because the original leader left
And it merged with HYDRA Command to form the Dominion of Tartarus
Then, DoT collapsed, and merged into HYDRA
And yeah
Oh
ANd
I founded a second region, called Masterz
It failed, after about 8 months
It then merged into HYDRA
General Vulturret - Today at 10:38 AM
Thank you, Secretary. The bill for which the precedent for this hearing was established was authored by yourself, and as such, you should have a better understanding of the purpose of this hearing than myself. Could you, in your own words, describe the purpose of Senate confirmation for border control powers, and specifically, the danger that border control can potentially be.
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:38 AM
Border control is a regional officer power that enables the wielder to eject and ban nations from the region they reside in
To use this power, you must have influence
To get influence, you reside in the region for long periods of time.
The founder automatically can eject/ban nations from their region without using influence
To the question, however, the purpose of these confirmation hearings is to prevent multiple nations controlled by the same people from holding multiple border control positions
Because if they did, they could have double or even triple the influence than they otherwise would have had, and therefore, be able to eject more people from the region if they were interested in couping it.
I believe that sums it up
General Vulturret - Today at 10:42 AM
Secretary, can you describe the general mission of the department which you head and inform us how Border Control authority can help you carry out those duties?
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:43 AM
The general mission of this department that I head, and man solely by myself, as no-one else has deigned to join, is to protect the region of TUN
By having the border control authority, I can remove lawbreakers, and potential coupers from the region.
And if the founder ceases to exist, I can password the region
Essentially, border control makes it so you can control the region, if you have enough influence
But
This power will allow for the possiblity of misuse, I acknowledge that.
General Vulturret - Today at 10:45 AM
Secretary, I must interrupt.
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:46 AM
There are no checks on the power
Prince Samsonyte Mataki - Today at 10:47 AM
In the Constitution rewrite there are a few safeguards
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:47 AM
Then I am without worries then
I was never saying I would abuse the power
I was saying that this particular power, if misused, is a dangerous one
Prince Samsonyte Mataki - Today at 10:48 AM
agreed
General Vulturret - Today at 10:49 AM
Currently, to my knowledge, there are no laws governing the departments use of border control authority and its accountability to the Senate. Would you personally favor legislation requiring approval by a different body before you make those actions? In my opinion, confirming this office before there is legislation at law would be unwise. With that said, what is the advantage to confirming you to this office prior to regulation on this matter.
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:50 AM
Well for starters, it's required by the bill to hold this hearing
General Vulturret - Today at 10:50 AM
Confirmation isn’t explicitly required by law, merely the hearing and the vote.
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:50 AM
Yes
However, the hearing is required
And so is the vote
But to your question, no I would favor legislation
Or an executive order by the cabinet
General Vulturret - Today at 10:51 AM
What is the reasoning for this body to confirm you while there is no active threat to the region before such a law happens?
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:52 AM
Ah
Well
That is a good question
General Vulturret - Today at 10:52 AM
@Duke Pepe of Fedora you get a vote in this, you’re a senator, get in on the hearing.
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:52 AM
And I would say, do not confirm me until legislation or executive orders have been passed
And executive orders could happen now
Duke Pepe of Fedora - Today at 10:53 AM
vote on what
General Vulturret - Today at 10:54 AM
Secretary, what would you say to your own remark if the founder were to get deleted and the region occupied before legislation arises? Should this be at the top of the Senate’s to do list?
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:55 AM
For starters, I would immediately order all military forces into the region, endorsing the highest influence native
And then, I would say, yes, this should be at the top
General Vulturret - Today at 10:57 AM
Secretary, I sit on the high command. I personally am willing to admit that our region won’t be much of a match to the forces of Rome or The Black Hawks, and that border control could be useful to banject before the region updates. Should that be reason enough go confirm you?
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:57 AM
Well
That
Duke Pepe of Fedora - Today at 10:57 AM
We will rise over them
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:58 AM
No, pepe, we wouldn't
Try facing about 15 updaters
Plus pilers
I was in Firehelm
Duke Pepe of Fedora - Today at 10:58 AM
Yes beacuse you don't belive
And in DoT
General Vulturret - Today at 10:58 AM
Senator, please don’t innerupt the dialog unless you have something useful to say.
And am currently in HYDRA
Duke Pepe of Fedora - Today at 10:58 AM
ok ok
Senator, I know what raiders can do
But back to the question
General Vulturret - Today at 10:59 AM
Continue...
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 10:59 AM
Yes, it would be useful, but no, it is not enough of a reason
You need to explicitly trust me with that
So if you do, then yes
Otherwise, no
General Vulturret - Today at 11:00 AM
What reason do we have to trust you? I presume you want this, no?
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 11:00 AM
Yes, I would like this
But
As to the reason, I would say, because I have worked on this region with everyone else, and I don't want to see it crash & burn
General Vulturret - Today at 11:01 AM
Would you be in favor of a deal between the cabinet and the Senate to get a temporary fix via method of executive order in exchange for confirmation while a permanent fix is worked on?
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 11:02 AM
Yes
General Vulturret - Today at 11:02 AM
@Prince Samsonyte Mataki Would you be supportive of such a measure?
Prince Samsonyte Mataki - Today at 11:03 AM
I would
That will be sufficient before the but Constitution is passed
General Vulturret - Today at 11:03 AM
Secretary Aav, what are your intentions for the future of the Department of Defense? Do you plan on getting a staff of citizens? Or even trusted advisors?
General Aav Whitehall - Today at 11:03 AM
A staff of citizens would be nice
And so would advisors
General Vulturret - Today at 11:04 AM
Of course

Last edited by Vulturret on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

[CONFIRMED]Confirmation of Secretary-General Aav Whitehall to the position of Border Control Regional Officer. Empty Re: [CONFIRMED]Confirmation of Secretary-General Aav Whitehall to the position of Border Control Regional Officer.

Post by Vulturret Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Aye
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

[CONFIRMED]Confirmation of Secretary-General Aav Whitehall to the position of Border Control Regional Officer. Empty Re: [CONFIRMED]Confirmation of Secretary-General Aav Whitehall to the position of Border Control Regional Officer.

Post by DonPepe Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:18 am

I vote yes
DonPepe
DonPepe

Back to top Go down

Post by Xernos Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:41 am

Aye

Xernos

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulturret Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:15 am

With a vote of 3-0-2, General Aav Whitehall is confirmed to the position of Border Control Regional Officer. This will now be submitted to the Emperor, who will appoint the officer.
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down