The Undivided Nations

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Undivided Nations
The Undivided Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Proposal]Senatorial Procedures Act

5 posters

Go down

[Proposal]Senatorial Procedures Act Empty [Proposal]Senatorial Procedures Act

Post by Vulturret Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Fellow Senators,
As Head of this great body, I believe it's important to develop standard proceedings to ensure normality in the Senate. This is what I've come up with so far, but I'm open to whatever suggestions you guys have. Just post them on here, and I'll be sure to update the bill accordingly.
Senatorial Procedures Act:
Authored by General Vulturret, the Head of the Senate.
Article 1: Preamble
Seeking to create a more functioning body, the Senate of these Undivided Nations does hereby enact these procedures, known as the Senatorial Procedures Act, charged with the unwavering responsibility of keeping order and procedural consistency in this fine Senate. By the passing of this act, the Senate moves to create a more organised and verdant body. We as this fine Senate, wish to reform the body through the passage of this bill.
Article 2: The Head of the Senate
1. Separate from the procedures in the constitution, the Head of the Senate shall be appointed by a simple majority to vote of Senators after elections when a new group of Senators take office. If no majority agreement is reached on selecting a new Head, the head appointed by the procedures outlined in the constitution shall continue to be in effect until a time when majority agreement is reached. The previous Head of the Senate shall be charged with informing the forum administration team of the new Head so that the administration can remove the previous head of his duties, masking, and moderation ability over the Senate sub-forum. The administration will also apply those same abilities to the new official.
2. The Head of the Senate shall be charged with the responsibility of bringing motioned drafts to vote. When a Senator motions a draft and debate thread to vote, and another Senator seconds it, it is the responsibility of the Head of the Senate to move that bill on to the voting forum and set up a thread where Senators can vote Aye, Nay, or not vote at all, or abstain.
3. Per the third article of the bill, the Head of the Senate is tasked with fairly tallying votes at the end of the voting period. The voting results are then to be posted publically, and the citizens are to be notified that the Senate has passed a new law.
4. Following the previous procedure, the Head shall then submit the bill to the Emperor's Palace, where the emperor shall decree on the approval of the bill, or not so
5. Following that, the Head of the Senate shall be tasked with moving the passed bill to the Law Index, or archiving it if it wasn't passed.
Article 3: Senatorial Inactivity Policy
1. Any senator who missed 1/3 of the votes offered to him in a month period will be deemed inactive. The "month" starts on the 1st of the month at 00:01 GMT and ends on the last day of the month at 23:59 GMT.
2. A Senator may petition the Head of the Senate that they will be unable to vote, for whatever reason, prior to the absence, and tell the HOS that they will be gone. The HOS will exclude them from the inactive roster if they filed this prior to the absence.
3. Within the first three days of the month, the Head of the Senate will remove Senators that didn't meet the activity requirements from office, with the assistance of the Emperor.
Article 4: Senatorial Proceedings
1. When a bill has been proposed, a Senator may motion the bill to vote. The Head of the Senate will move the bill to the voting forum, and create a poll for that.
2. Voting will last 36 hours, or until all members have voted.
3. This bill is dubbed "Procedural Law" and requires a 4/5 super majority to amend.

Last edited by Vulturret on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

[Proposal]Senatorial Procedures Act Empty Re: [Proposal]Senatorial Procedures Act

Post by Tobyhdtv Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:18 pm

So all the rest of us do is bring bills to you

Tobyhdtv

Back to top Go down

[Proposal]Senatorial Procedures Act Empty Re: [Proposal]Senatorial Procedures Act

Post by Vulturret Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:02 am

Tobyhdtv wrote:So all the rest of us do is bring bills to you
No, Senator. This isn't the case. This body functions by collaboration among all Senators. Any Senator can propose a bill, and it just happened to be me in this case. Then, if Senators bothered to join the regional forum, we'd in theory debate the merits of the bill on this thread. Alftheim, what are your thoughts on if we should legalise this bill. I personally think it's a great idea, but other Senators' opinions are invaluable, as I can't pass a bill by myself. The only person that has that great power is Emperor Aestra.
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmFrost Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:24 pm

this bill seems to make sense and i think it would do the senate good for this to be passed

IAmFrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulturret Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:26 pm

IAmFrost wrote:this bill seems to make sense and i think it would do the senate good for this to be passed
Thanks! Shall we motion it to vote?
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmFrost Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:31 pm

I think so but maybe ask the other senators first?

IAmFrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulturret Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:32 pm

IAmFrost wrote:I think so but maybe ask the other senators first?
Yeah, I pinged them all on Discord...
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmFrost Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:34 pm

yah i noticed right after I sent that

IAmFrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulturret Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:36 pm

IAmFrost wrote:yah i noticed right after I sent that
Lol.
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPepe Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:30 pm

i agree with this proposal
DonPepe
DonPepe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulturret Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:34 pm

OK, let's motion it to vote... Who seconds that motion? I did edit the bill to say two senators need to motion for the Head of Senate to bring it to vote, so, who agrees we should put this up to vote in the Senate?
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulturret Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Xernos wrote:I senator Xernos agree to have this act passed
As Head of Senate, I can't have this count as a motion. This is not a voting thread. If you want the Senate to bring the bill to vote, say you second the motion to vote.
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulturret Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Xernos wrote:I second the motion to vote upon this bill
With that, the bill draft has reached quorum to be voted on by the Senate. I'll create the voting thread in a sec.
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

Post by Samsonyte Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm not a senator, but I don't think enough laws will be voted upon each month in order to accurately determine when a person has missed 1/3 of the votes. I suggest it be revised to 3 in a row or something.

Samsonyte
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down