The Undivided Nations

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Undivided Nations
The Undivided Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Proposal]Monarchial Power Cap

4 posters

Go down

[Proposal]Monarchial Power Cap Empty [Proposal]Monarchial Power Cap

Post by Vulturret Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:08 pm

The monarch in this region currently has almost no restrictions. This law aims to fix that:
General Vulturret and General Aav Whitehall wrote:Article I: Preamble:

Recognizing the extreme need for fundamental rights to democracy, as laid out in the constitution and cemented in this document, the Senate enacts this bill with an enjoyable stay for all citizens in mind. The Senate also realizes that the region is a constitutional monarchy. The monarch shouldn't be able to do anything they want. Thus, the following is laid out.

Article II: Imperial Decree Restriction

1) Recognizing previously existing laws on imperial decrees, this bill directs the Senate to edit the constitution to conform to the new regulations laid out in this act. The Senate, from the time of this bill being enacted, should it be enacted, has 21 days to successfully modify the constitution. If this should not happen, the Department of Defense is compelled to press charges of Gross Misconduct.

2) Recognizing that imperial decrees could be used unjustly, but also recognizing that they shouldn't be able to be cancelled randomly, instates these rules on the by-passing or modifying of imperial decrees.

I. With a simple majority, the cabinet, defined as Secretaries of State, Customs, and Defense, as well as War, can remove, nullify, or modify an imperial decree.

II. With a 60% super majority, the Senate can remove or nullify a decree, but cannot modify one.

III. Also realizing that the Emperor has the power to veto Senate laws, the Senate enacts the following procedures.

Using the same majorities laid out in section 2.2.1, and 2.2.2 the Senate or Cabinet can override a veto using the same metrics.

A Senate veto can be overridden by a 100% vote of the Cabinet, and vice-versa.

Article III: Executive Orders: The Cabinet may create an Executive Order that may do anything that the Senate may, with the exception of modifying constitutional law, such as this. It must have the backing of 100% of the cabinet, or 51%, however if less than 100%, it must be taken to the Emperor and approved before being moved to the law forum and becoming law.

An Executive Order is defined as an order from the Cabinet to the composing departments;

An Executive Order may not modify constitutional law, or any pre-existing law;

Executive Orders will be stored in a sub-forum labeled: Executive Orders, and when passed will be moved to the standard law forum.

An Executive Order may be vetoed, removed, or modified by the cabinet at any time. A veto requires a 60% supermajority.
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

[Proposal]Monarchial Power Cap Empty Re: [Proposal]Monarchial Power Cap

Post by DonPepe Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:02 am

I agree with this
DonPepe
DonPepe

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobyhdtv Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:51 pm

I️ agree

Tobyhdtv

Back to top Go down

Post by Osterriech Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:07 pm

I (acting as Regent) would formally like to remind you that TUN is not and never will be a democracy, we are an absolute monarchy and I formally request for this proposal to be thrown out of the senate due to aiming to limit the power of the monarch.

Osterriech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down