The Undivided Nations

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Undivided Nations
The Undivided Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[AT VOTE]Prince Okto II for BCRO

5 posters

Go down

[AT VOTE]Prince Okto II for BCRO Empty [AT VOTE]Prince Okto II for BCRO

Post by Vulturret Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:45 pm

The vote to confirm Crown Prince Okto II as a Border Control Regional Officer will last until 12/25/17 at 3:42AM EST. Here is his testimony, Senators may post "Aye," "Nay" OR "Abstain."
General Vulturret and Crown Prince Okto II wrote:General Vulturret - Today at 11:26 AM
@everyone Confirmation on Border Control Office appointment for @Prince Okto II starts right now, Senators are invited to ask questions, when granted the opportunity to speak by myself. We now call this meeting to order, Office seeker, please introduce yourself and your history on NationStates. All attendees, refrain from leaking from this channel, or posting unless asked a question or given permission by the Head of the Senate.
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:29 AM
I am the standing Crown Prince of TUN, I used to be the Secretary of Customs of TUN until about 4 months ago when a series of events led me into beoming crown prince. I had been on nations states about 3 weeks prior to joining TUN and joined TUN when it was at about 12 members. I had been the main actor in removing regimus from power due to his continuous attempts at overthrowing the government. go ahead and ask away
General Vulturret - Today at 11:30 AM
Prince, define the powers of Border Control game-side.
To elaborate, what can a border control officer do?
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:32 AM
In TUN all that they can do is eject/ban members
however sometimes they can set a password
or build embassies on occasion(edited)
err no, they can't build embassies
sorry
General Vulturret - Today at 11:33 AM
Correct. Prince, do you favor border control accountability? Do you think you should be able to eject and ban members at free will, or do you believe there should be a law governing Border Control and its accountability to the Senate.
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:34 AM
I think that there is and still should be laws governing border control, ESPECIALLY against acting members of government, including the senate.(edited)
General Vulturret - Today at 11:37 AM
Border Control is a tricky power in many regions, and laws governing it are absolutely necessary, I have been a Border Control officer in numerous regions, and know that Border Control is something that needs to be utilised immediately in many cases, do you think someone holding a Border Control office should have to seek permission before using their power, or that they can use it at the time, with repercussions after?
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:39 AM
If the region is currently under direct attack, there should be repurcussions afterward, during times when the region is not under attack, it should be heavily regulated and must have permission from either the majority of the senate or the Emperor
General Vulturret - Today at 11:40 AM
I think it's difficult to define those times, in my personal opinion Border Control officers should be able to use their powers whenever, because of raiders potentially trying to capture the delegacy. Thoughts on this?
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:41 AM
That is probably the best option, however they should not be able to ban members without permission.
General Vulturret - Today at 11:41 AM
Are you aware that kicked nations can re-join and not lose influence?
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:42 AM
yes
General Vulturret - Today at 11:42 AM
This is a problem with potential legislation, something I hope you'll work with us on in your new role as advisor to the Senate or whatever it's called.
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:43 AM
well, maybe they should be able to ban, however the people they ban should be checked to ensure it was a person who clearly was a threat to the region
General Vulturret - Today at 11:43 AM
What I'm trying to point out is that all of these checks take a long time.
If it was during update, this would be a problem.
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:44 AM
fair
well I mean checked afterwards
General Vulturret - Today at 11:45 AM
One more thing, and I think we should be done here: Are you aware you are currently in violation of the very law that is compelling this dialogue to give you this office?
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:45 AM
how so?
General Vulturret - Today at 11:46 AM
Article V: Offices:
Recognizing that certain offices of the government need certain regional officer powers to do their jobs, this bill establishes precedent for the following offices:
Secretary of State: Requires the ability to use Embassies power to extend our foreign relations abroad, does hereby require the founder to give the SoS embassies power.
Secretary of Defense: Requires the ability to use Border Control power to protect the homeland, expedites the process of Senate confirmation for elected SoD. In order to confirm the SoD to Border Control, this bill directs the Head of the Senate to do this immediately upon taking office, and only requires a 50%, simple majority to approve.
Crown Prince: Requiring the powers to successfully administrate in the Emperor's place, hereby grants the Crown Prince all powers except border control. The Crown Prince shall be given border control upon confirmation by the senate. The crown prince shall also be the World Assembly Delegate for the Undivided Nations.
You are not currently the World Assembly Delegate, nor do you have those powers as required by the RO act.
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:46 AM
That law is unconstitutional then
General Vulturret - Today at 11:46 AM
While I recognize you cannot control the powers, you need to become World Assembly delegate as soon as possible.
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:46 AM
btw
General Vulturret - Today at 11:47 AM
The former Crown Prince needs to not be the WA delegate any longer.
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:47 AM
because it demands that I have all powers other than border control...
and the constitution states that I have none of them without the emperor's absence
General Vulturret - Today at 11:48 AM
We're interpreting laws passed after to override existing, this has been done in several situations, but isn't the time or place.(edited)
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:48 AM
k
anyway
General Vulturret - Today at 11:48 AM
I suggest you comply with that immediately, especially the part about being the WA delegate.
Because that is important.
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:49 AM
I can't be the WA delegate due to the fact that it isn't in my power to force others to endorse me...
General Vulturret - Today at 11:49 AM
The WA delegate gains executive in the absence of the founder.
You need to tell Joseph to resign from WA.
Prince Okto II - Today at 11:49 AM
he won't do that...
General Vulturret - Today at 11:50 AM
Then he will be preventing you from complying with a law.
In which case, I can prosecute him
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

[AT VOTE]Prince Okto II for BCRO Empty Re: [AT VOTE]Prince Okto II for BCRO

Post by Vulturret Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Aye
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPepe Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Aye
DonPepe
DonPepe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samsonyte Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Why aren't you using a poll?

Samsonyte
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulturret Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Samsonyte wrote:Why aren't you using a poll?
Polls don't allow me to see who votes and who doesn't. Per the Senatorial Procedures Act, I'm mandated to remove Senators who don't meet certain activity requirements.
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

Post by Samsonyte Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:09 pm

I see.

Samsonyte
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmFrost Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Aye

IAmFrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xernos Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:54 pm

aye

Xernos

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulturret Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:12 am

After an appointment by fiat, the Senate confirms Okto by a vote of 4-0-1, with one abstention by default. By authority of this body, the founder is now ordered to give the office to the seeker.
Vulturret
Vulturret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down