The Undivided Nations

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Undivided Nations
The Undivided Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PNU Resolution #2: Statement of Opposition to the Recent Moderation Policies

2 posters

Go down

PNU Resolution #2: Statement of Opposition to the Recent Moderation Policies Empty PNU Resolution #2: Statement of Opposition to the Recent Moderation Policies

Post by Samsonyte Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 pm

Like many members of the region, when I logged onto discord and saw Crown Prince Aav Verinhall-Mataki's change in the moderation policy, I was appalled and outraged. This change banning GIFs from the spam channel comes less than a month after an equally drastic policy shift banning images from the general channel. Neither of these changes have been met with positive feedback from the general public. Aav argues that GIFs are disrupting and annoying to those that only want to spam but do not wish to see GIFs. Under the widely accepted definition of spam as irrelevant posts of mass quantity, GIFs would be allowed in designated spamming areas, such as the spam channel on discord. It seems to me that Aav is acting selfishly and abusing his power. This change confirms what I have feared since Prince Aav seceded from the Progressive Nationalist Union: he, and indeed the entire Constitutional Unity Party, are not advocating the rights of the average citizen of The Undivided Nations, but are acting only in the interests of a small number of people. While this policy change is of little consequence in the grand scheme of things, it is the latest iteration of a pattern we have seen all too often lately in Aav and his party. The first hint of the corruption that would be to come happened on January 10, when the strict moderation of images in the general channel was implicated. In the post, the Crown Prince showed the first signs of tyranny with lines such as "This post may change without notice" and signing it for the entire moderation team, which consists of more than just Aav. Later, he split from the PNU, creating the CUP, for trivial reasons such as appearance. Now, he is banning spam from the spam channel. While none of these actions individually were tyrannical or corrupt, taken together, a clear pattern starts to emerge. If you, like myself, are beginning to wonder if Crown Prince Aav is truly supportive of the endeavors of the average citizen, then join the Progressive Nationalist Union and help us protect the rights of the general public.

Samsonyte
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

PNU Resolution #2: Statement of Opposition to the Recent Moderation Policies Empty Re: PNU Resolution #2: Statement of Opposition to the Recent Moderation Policies

Post by Aav VerinHall Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:56 pm

And if I was tyrannical, and abused moderator powers, as you seem to think, I would have deleted this post, and handed you a three-day discord and forum ban. But I didn't, and as recent events on the discord will attest, we have an image problem. But with that in mind, I am understanding of your outrage here. So, I hereby announce that ***THE BAN ON GIFS IS REVOKED***.

Last edited by Aav VerinHall on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aav VerinHall
Aav VerinHall
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

PNU Resolution #2: Statement of Opposition to the Recent Moderation Policies Empty Re: PNU Resolution #2: Statement of Opposition to the Recent Moderation Policies

Post by Aav VerinHall Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:02 pm

In correlation with that, and due to Rad_Mancini, ***NSFW Imagery will cause an immediate 7-DAY BAN from the Discord and forums for first offense***.

Cheers.

Last edited by Aav VerinHall on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aav VerinHall
Aav VerinHall
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aav VerinHall Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 pm

Apologies for the amount of redtext. I'm on mobile, and the post editor *sucks*. But cheers, the ban is lifted. You got what you wanted.
Aav VerinHall
Aav VerinHall
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Samsonyte Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Thank you. I think this is a step in the right direction.

Samsonyte
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down