The Undivided Nations

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Undivided Nations
The Undivided Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PRE-TRIAL] Senator Crodnu vs. Senator Xernos

3 posters

Go down

[PRE-TRIAL] Senator Crodnu vs. Senator Xernos Empty [PRE-TRIAL] Senator Crodnu vs. Senator Xernos

Post by crodnu Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 pm

Senator Crodnu accuses Senator Xernos of fraud, on the basis of not being a citizen and being a senator.
(do i have to post evidence or not? the constitution says i have to do both :v)
crodnu
crodnu

Back to top Go down

[PRE-TRIAL] Senator Crodnu vs. Senator Xernos Empty Re: [PRE-TRIAL] Senator Crodnu vs. Senator Xernos

Post by Aav VerinHall Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Evidence does not go in the Pre-Trial thread.
Aav VerinHall
Aav VerinHall
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

[PRE-TRIAL] Senator Crodnu vs. Senator Xernos Empty Amicus Curiae brief from Crown Prince Aav Verinhall-Mataki

Post by Aav VerinHall Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:06 am

[PRE-TRIAL] Senator Crodnu vs. Senator Xernos Unknown

Senator Crodnu v. Senator Xernos

Your honor,

To shed light on the matter of this case, I would request that you read this amicus curiae brief.

The case against Senator Xernos is based entirely around the fact that she never registered for citizenship. The fact of the matter is, back when she became a citizen, there was no forum. Everything was conducted through discord, and as such, she couldn't register for citizenship. However, the argument may be made that she should have registered for citizenship immediately after the forums had been created, to which I will point out that no other members of the government at the time registered for citizenship on the forums. I would also like to draw attention to the choice of charges against Senator Xernos.
The Criminal Code wrote:
1. Fraud
1. Fraud shall be considered the deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right.
2. Fraud may also be the act of creating another alias or using other means to vote multiple times, run for multiple offices or any other malicious purpose.
The criminal code states that fraud is considered deliberate deception, or creating another alias for malicious purposes. However, the accused has not created another alias for malicious purposes, and in fact, has not created deliberate deception either, given that the data on those who have registered for citizenship being freely available on the forums and discord. So therefore, the defendant cannot possibly be guilty of the crime that she is charged with, and in fact, could not have met the criterion to be charged with the crime in the first place. Therefore, I would urge that Your Honor dismiss this case with prejudice immediately, and bar another from being filed.
Aav VerinHall
Aav VerinHall
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

[PRE-TRIAL] Senator Crodnu vs. Senator Xernos Empty Re: [PRE-TRIAL] Senator Crodnu vs. Senator Xernos

Post by crodnu Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:47 am

Deliberate deception has happened, since the accused applied for a political position ommiting the fact she wasn't a full citizen, the fact of the information being public is not relevant, since the criminal code makes no exceptions on it, and the accused has run for office several times before, which means the deception has worked in her favor and she has not been uncovered until now.
Also, the fact that few goverment officials followed the law doesn't mean it doesn't still apply in this region, if anything a just punishment will set precedents in the region against similar infringements.
crodnu
crodnu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aav VerinHall Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:50 pm

Except for it to be deception, it must have been hidden. Nothing has been hidden. Also, the brief is for the justice presiding, not you. Razz
Aav VerinHall
Aav VerinHall
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess Adara of Mataki Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:26 pm

This case has been abandoned after being looked at by me, if there are any comments or concerns please feel free to contact me on discord~Adara Mataki

Countess Adara of Mataki

Back to top Go down

Post by Aav VerinHall Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Locked by admin.
Aav VerinHall
Aav VerinHall
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down